Couscous with Almonds and Garlic
Adapted from a recipe on the Whole Foods website.
Serves 4 to 6
|1 cup Couscous|
|Chicken or vegetable broth|
|1 Tbsp. Ellyndale Organics™ Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|3 or 4 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 Tbsp.fresh rosemary, minced (optional)|
|1/2 cup sliced, lightly toasted NOW Real Food® Raw Almonds*|
|Sea salt, to taste|
|Ground pepper, to taste|
- Cook couscous in chicken or vegetable broth according to package instruction.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil over very low heat for 1 minute.
- Add the rosemary, if using, and continue to sauté, stirring constantly for one minute more.
- Stir in the toasted almonds.
- Remove from heat.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and stir in the almond mixture.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
*NOW items available at your local health food store