Adapted from The American Heart Association Cookbook, www.deliciousdecisions.org
|3 tablespoons NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|2 onions, sliced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 medium zucchini, diced|
|4 medium tomatoes, chopped|
|2 cups cooked brown rice|
|1/2 cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese|
|4 large green bell pepper|
|2 cups no-salt-added tomato juice|
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Rinse bell peppers, cut off tops and remove seeds. Reserve hollow peppers and tops.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, zucchini and tomatoes. Saute until zucchini begins to get tender. Do not overcook. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine rice and cheese. Add to mixture in skillet and toss gently to mix well. Set aside.
- Pour tomato juice into bottom of a casserole dish. Set aside.
- Stuff peppers with vegetable mixture and replace pepper top.
- Place stuffed peppers in casserole dish.
- Bake 1/2 hour.
*NOW items available at your local health food store