Fig & Walnut Pasta with Gorgonzola
Figs are rich in complex carbohydrates and dietary fiber and a wealth of essential minerals, such as calcium, potassium, and iron.
|2 Tbsp. butter|
|1 large onion, sliced|
|8 oz. vermicelli or linguine|
|2 Tbsp. NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 cup (6 oz.) dried figs|
|½ cup chopped NOW Real Food® Walnuts*|
|½ tsp. Salt|
|1 and ½ cups (6 oz.) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese|
- Heat butter in large skillet.
- Add onion and saute over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, toss with olive oil, and set aside.
- Remove stems from figs and coarsely chop.
- Stir figs, walnuts, and salt into onions and cook 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Pour mixture over pasta.
- Sprinkle with Gorgonzola and toss gently.
- Serve immediately.
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe