Sauteed Butternut Squash with Penne Pasta and Pine Nuts
From NOW employee, Sherri Janes
|1 Tbsp. butter|
|1 tsp. Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 small Butternut Squash, grated (about 1-1/2 lb.)|
|2 cloves garlic, minced, or more, according to taste|
|¼ cup Parmesan cheese|
|1 tsp. ground sage or 1-1/2 Tbsp. of fresh sage, chopped|
|2 cups cooked pasta or more, according to taste|
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Pine Nuts*|
- Sauté garlic and sage in butter and NOW olive oil for about 1 minute.
- Peel and grate squash, add to pan, along with half the Parmesan cheese and a little water from the pasta, just to moisten; cook until tender.
- Add pine nuts and pasta and heat until warm.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle on rest of parmesan cheese and serve.
*NOW items available at your local health food store