No-Guilt Fettuccine Alfredo
Republished with permission from drwhitaker.com, January 15, 2004
|1 pound dried fettuccine|
|2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1/4 cup + 1 1/4 tablespoons shredded or grated low-fat Parmesan cheese|
|2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice|
|1/8 teaspoon white pepper|
|2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|4 lemon wedges (optional)|
|1 1/2 cups skim milk|
- Cook fettuccine in water only, then drain and cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Mix 1/4 cup milk and flour in bowl, and pour into saucepan.
- Add remaining milk and bring to boil.
- Cook until thickened (about 15 minutes), stirring constantly to keep sauce from sticking to bottom of pan.
- Add 1/4 cup Parmesan, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Pour sauce over noodles.
- Sprinkle with parsley, remaining Parmesan, and salt.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe