Republished with permission from the Natural Health and Alternative Medicine Newsletter Issue #215, October 3-4, 2003, www.naturalhealthweb.com Source: Tanya L. Paulsen, www.bodywealth.net
|4 large Portobello mushrooms |
|2 Tbsp butter |
|1/4 cup white onion, finely chopped |
|2 Tbsp fresh garlic, chopped |
|1/4 cup almonds, ground |
|1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese |
|1/2 cup grated carrot |
|Mozzarella cheese |
- Wash and remove stems from mushrooms, then chop stems into small pieces.
- Place mushrooms on a cookie sheet and cook for 5 minutes at 350°F.
- In a pan melt the butter.
- Add onions and mushroom stems and sauté until soft, then add garlic; cook until garlic is not quite brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in almonds.
- Add feta cheese and grated carrot.
- Stir mixture well.
- Fill each mushroom with the mixture and place sliced mozzarella cheese over top of each.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until mushrooms are cooked or the cheese is melted on top.