Adapted from Vegetarian Times, June 2008
The secret to this recipe is double-frying the tofu cubes to give them an extra crisp exterior. Other vegetables may be substituted to suit your taste.
|2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided|
|15 oz. extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into one-half inch cubes|
|2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce, or more, depending on your taste|
|2 cups steamed broccoli|
|8 oz. sliced mushrooms|
|1 cup finely chopped onion|
|1 cup diced yellow bell pepper|
|1 cup sliced yellow squash|
|1/2 cup shredded cabbage|
|1/2 cup grated carrots|
|2 Tbsp. NOW® Nutritional Yeast Powder*|
|2 cups cooked brown rice*|
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large non-stick skillet over high heat.
- Add tofu, and sauté 10 to 15 minutes, tossing with spatula, until light golden brown all over.
- Sprinkle with soy sauce, and sauté another 2 to 3 minutes to brown tofu more.
- Transfer tofu to paper towel-lined plate.
- Drain and rinse skillet, and wipe dry.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil over high heat.
- Add tofu and all vegetables.
- Sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until tofu is browned and vegetables are tender, tossing constantly with spatula.
- Sprinkle with soy sauce to taste.
- Sprinkle nutritional yeast over tofu to coat. Sauté a few seconds more.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve over brown rice.
14g Total Fat (1.5g Sat. Fat)
0 mg cholesterol
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe