Quinoa with Tomatoes, Sauteed Spinach and Two Cheeses
From NOW employee, Sherri Janes
|3 ½ cups NOW Real Food® Quinoa*|
|1 – 8-oz. can Italian-style diced tomatoes|
|¼ cup red onion, sliced into rings|
|1 Tbsp. minced garlic|
|½ tsp. Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|10 cups (10 oz.) fresh spinach|
|1 Tbsp. water|
|6 oz. light cheddar, grated|
|3 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
|Fresh basil sprigs for garnish|
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions and set aside.
- Heat tomatoes in small saucepan and set aside.
- In large skillet over medium heat, combine onions, garlic, and oil.
- Stir until onions are heated and fragrant.
- Add spinach and water; stir until spinach is wilted and tender, but still bright green; about 2 minutes.
- On large platter, layer quinoa, spinach mixture and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and garnish with basil.
*NOW items available at your local health food store