|10 oz. extra-wide curly "no yolk" noodles|
|2 lbs. broccoli, steamed (florets and peeled stems, cut in 1/2-inch slices)|
|1 Tbsp. olive oil|
|1/2 cup chopped California walnuts|
|Juice of one lemon|
|Juice of 1/2 orange|
|Grated zest of one lemon|
|1/2 teaspoon ground pepper|
- Cook noodles al dente; about 5 minutes.
- Steam broccoli until tender; about 3-5 minutes.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add walnuts.
- Sauté for about 1 minute.
- Combine noodles and broccoli.
- Add walnut-oil mixture and toss well.
- Add citrus juices, zest, and pepper and toss well again.
- Optional: Add 1/2 cup diced smoked turkey, low-fat chicken sausage, or seasoned tofu.
459 calories (28% fat, 56% carbohydrates)
15.4g total fat
1.8g saturated fat
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe