Best Banana Muffins
By Lynn Stafford, Vitamin Expo, San Antonio, TX, from "Taste Life! Organic Recipes", published by Vital Health Publishing and available from NOW Foods
Enjoy these sweet muffins for breakfast, dessert, and snacks. Vegetarian, corn-free, wheat-free.
Makes 1 dozen muffins
|1/4 cup corn oil or Ellyndale™ Organic Canola Oil|
|Optional: 1 cup chopped pecans and 1/2 cup chocolate or carob chips|
|2 medium bananas, mashed|
|1 3/4 cup spelt flour|
|1 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|1/4 cup nonfat yogurt|
|1/4 cup applesauce|
|1/4 cup honey|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat oil, applesauce, and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Stir in bananas.
- Stir in flour and baking soda.
- Add and stir in yogurt, pecans, and chocolate chips.
- Oil a muffin tin or insert cupcake liners.
- Pour in batter and bake for 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.