Peanut Stuffed Shells (Cindy Sparrow)
|16 jumbo macaroni shells|
|½ teaspoon oregano|
|½ teaspoon basil|
|Salt & pepper|
|2 cups pasta sauce|
|¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 ¼ cup chopped dry roasted peanuts|
|1 egg, beaten|
|3 tablespoons NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|8 mushrooms, chopped|
|1/2 cup chopped green pepper|
|1/2 cup chopped onion|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs|
- Cook shells according to package directions; drain and rinse.
- Heat oil in large skillet and sauté mushrooms, green pepper, onion and garlic 3-4 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs, peanuts, eggs, oregano and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Stir in ¼ cup pasta sauce.
- Spoon filling into shells.
- Spread a thin layer of pasta sauce in bottom of a 9" x 9" baking pan.
- Arrange shells in pan.
- Spoon remaining sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe