Warm Quinoa and Roasted Vegetable Salad
Adapted from Delicious Living Magazine
This gluten-free, vegetarian recipe for warm quinoa and roasted vegetable salad is perfect for a quick, easy dinner.
Makes 4 servings
|1 cup NOW Organic Quinoa Grain*, well washed and drained|
|1 3/4 cups water|
|1/4 teaspoon sea salt (plus more to taste)|
|4 tablespoons Ellyndale Organics™ Extra-Virgin Olive Oil*, divided|
|1 medium yellow onion (cut into half-moons)|
|2 stalks celery (chopped)|
|1 carrot (sliced into ¼-inch-thick rounds)|
|1/2 large beet (halved lengthwise and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices)|
|2 1/2 cups broccoli florets|
|2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar|
|1 large clove garlic (minced or pressed)|
|Juice of 1/2 lemon|
|1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley|
|Optional: 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled|
*NOW items available at your local health food store
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine quinoa, water, salt, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; then immediately reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 15–20 minutes, until all water is absorbed.
- Let stand 5 minutes; then fluff with fork.
- While quinoa cooks, toss onion, celery, carrot, beet, and broccoli with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt to taste.
- Spread in single layer in baking dishes or on baking sheets.
- Roast in oven 20–25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, a pinch of sea salt, and a few grinds of black pepper in a small bowl.
- Whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Place quinoa and vegetables in a large bowl; add parsley.
- Stir dressing and pour over mixture; toss to coat.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide among bowls and top with crumbled feta, if using.
Total Fat: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 285 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 44 g
Dietary Fiber: 7 g
Protein: 9 g