Quinoa-Stuffed Bell Peppers
Adapted from Taste for Life Magazine, September 2011
This heart-healthy entrée contains 7 g of protein and 8 g of fiber.
|1 Tbsp. NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 red onion, chopped|
|1 red bell pepper, chopped|
|1 cup shredded carrots|
|8 oz. mushrooms, chopped|
|1 cup packed baby spinach, chopped|
|2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley|
|1 cup cooked NOW Real Food® Organic Quinoa Grain*|
|1 tsp. paprika|
|3/4 tsp. ground cumin|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper|
|6 green or red bell peppers, tops removed, cored and seeded|
|1/4 cup chopped NOW Real Food® Natural Almonds*|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil a 9x13-inch glass baking dish.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion, red bell pepper, and carrots for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add spinach and parsley and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in quinoa, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Stuff green peppers with quinoa mixture, dividing equally and gently packing the mixture down.
- Arrange upright in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour or until peppers are tender.
7 g Protein
36 g Carbohydrates
8 g Fiber
7 g Total Fat
17 mg Sodium
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe