Quinoa Loaf with Mushrooms and Peas
Adapted from Whole Foods Market recipes
This delicious main-course vegetarian recipe is destined to become a favorite for family and feasts alike. For killer veggie burgers, serve any leftover slices on toasted whole wheat buns with lettuce and spicy mustard.
|1 tablespoon, plus more for greasing NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced|
|Salt and ground black pepper to taste|
|1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained|
|3/4 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Rolled Oats*|
|2 cups cooked NOW Real Food® Organic Quinoa Grain*|
|1 cup frozen green peas|
|1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley and/or 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme|
|10 sundried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped|
|1 cup (about 1 onion) chopped red onion|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch loaf pan with oil; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden brown; 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put beans, oats and 1/2 cup water into a food processor and pulse until almost smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, bean mixture, quinoa, peas, parsley, tomatoes, onion, salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to prepared loaf pan, gently pressing down and mounding it in the middle.
- Bake until firm and golden brown, 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Set aside to let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition per serving:
170 calories (35 from fat)
4g total fat
0g saturated fat
28g total carbohydrate (6g dietary fiber, 4g sugar),
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe