Raw Zucchini Alfredo
Adapted from LifeExtension Daily News
|1 clove garlic, chopped|
|1 teaspoon sea salt|
|2 tablespoons Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|2 tablespoons NOW Real Food® Pine Nuts*|
|6 sun-dried olives or fresh, uncured green olives|
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Raw Walnuts*|
|1cup Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|2 cloves garlic|
|1 squeeze of fresh lemon juice|
|1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg|
|1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper|
|2 leaves fresh basil|
|4 or 5 leaves fresh oregano (or other fresh herbs)|
|1 cup water|
|1/2 to 1 teaspoon sea salt to taste|
- With a peeler, make ribbons of zucchini.
- Massage ribbons with garlic, sea salt and olive oil.
- In blender, add walnuts, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, nutmeg, white pepper, basil, oregano, water and sea salt.
- Blend until creamy.
- Pour over zucchini ribbons.
- Top with pine nuts, olives and chopped herbs.
549 calories (85% from fat)
55 g total fat (6 g saturated)
0 g cholesterol
11 g carbohydrates
11 g protein
1,141 mg sodium
4 g dietary fiber
*NOW items available at your local health food store