Old Fashioned Macaroni Salad with Tuna
A favorite for picnics, this salad is a wonderful combination of tastes and textures. Serve as an entree or as a side dish.
|2 cups macaroni, uncooked|
|2 tsp lemon juice, fresh|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|1/4 tsp black pepper|
|6 1/2 ounces tuna in water, canned, drained (optional)|
|1/2 cup light sour cream|
|1/4 cup light mayonnaise|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of rapidly boiling water until done. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl, gently mix macaroni, celery, red pepper, red onion, cucumber and tuna (if used) together.
- In a medium bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to macaroni mixture and toss together.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Calories: 31 9
Total Fat: 5 g
Calories from fat: 13%
Protein: 20 g
Carbohydrate: 49 g
Cholesterol: 22 mg
Sodium: 536 mg
Rate This Recipe