Maple Baked Salmon with Almonds
Adapted from the Almond Board of California
The delectable flavor of baked salmon marinated with sweet maple dressing makes this dish taste wonderful. The almonds are a great source of fiber and magnesium, while the salmon provides an excellent dose of healthy, omega-3 fats.
|4 skinless, salmon fillets (each fillet should be about 3 ounces or 85 grams)|
|1/2 cup coarsely chopped NOW Real Food® Natural Almonds*|
|1/4 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Maple Syrup*|
|1/4 cup orange juice|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|2 tablespoons light, soy sauce|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed|
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
- Line an 8-inch (20 x 20 cm) square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the four salmon fillets in pan leaving 1/2 inch (1 cm) between pieces.
- Chop the almonds by hand or use a hand held blender (it only takes a few seconds with a hand held blender).
- Distribute the chopped almonds evenly on top of the fillets.
- In a small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, orange juice, lemon juice, soy sauce and crushed garlic.
- Use a spoon to gently baste the marinade over top of each fillet.
- Bake salmon for about 15 to 20 minutes or until fish is just done.
- While the fish is baking, baste top with marinade at least once or twice.
- When removing fish from the pan, leave the leftover marinade behind and discard.
- Serve the fish with brown rice and a green salad or vegetables.
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe