Quinoa and Salmon Stew with Tomatoes
Adapted from Delicious Living magazine, www.deliciouslivingmag.com
Quinoa is a quick-cooking and versatile whole grain. This healthy recipe pairs it with dill and salmon, with delicious results!
|2 divided tablespoons Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 cup finely chopped red onion|
|1 cup finely chopped fennel|
|2 cups water|
|½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste|
|1 cup rinsed and drained NOW Real Food® Organic Quinoa*|
|1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained|
|1 pound salmon fillets, skin removed, cut into 1-inch chunks|
|¼ cup tightly packed chopped fresh dill|
|1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice and zest of 1 small lemon|
|Optional: Additional spices of your choice may be added for a zestier flavor.|
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a heavy, 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and fennel and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned; 3-5 minutes.
- Add water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Stir in quinoa; cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes (with liquid), and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and boil gently over medium heat until quinoa is translucent and tender; 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in salmon and cook, uncovered, over medium heat until salmon turns opaque and is cooked through; about 1 minute. (Check and cook an additional minute, if needed.)
- Turn off heat, then stir in dill, lemon juice, and zest, plus remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add salt to taste, if needed.
471 cal (41% fat cal.)
5g sat fat
*NOW items available at your local health food store