Brown Rice and Raisins with Chicken
Adapted from www.grouprecipes.com
Makes 4 servings
|1 cup brown rice|
|1/4 cup dark raisins|
|1/4 cup golden raisins|
|1/4 tsp. cinnamon|
|1 Tbsp. NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1/2 cup chopped red onion|
|1/2 cup chopped celery|
|1/4 cup slice green onion|
|1/3 cup NOW Real Food® Raw Cashews*|
|1 cup diced cooked chicken breast (optional)|
|Sea salt, to taste|
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Add raisins and cinnamon, then cover and set aside. Raisins will plump while setting.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat, then add red onion and celery, and cook until soft.
- Add diced chicken and cook until onion is browned.
- Add green onions, reduce heat to low, cover and cook an additional five minutes.
- Stir in rice and raisins, sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe