Maple Baked Chicken Breasts
Adapted from the Vermont Maple Festival Cookbook, St. Albans, Vermont, 2005
If you would like more maple recipes, click here to obtain an order form for the complete cookbook: Vermont Maple Festival
This is great served as a hot entrée or cold with a cold rice salad.
|4 chicken breasts|
|1/4 cup all-purpose flour|
|Salt and ground black pepper|
|2 Tablespoons butter|
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Maple Syrup*|
|1 Tablespoon savory, dried|
|1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried|
|1/4 teaspoon sage, dried|
|1 medium onion, sliced|
|1/2 cup water|
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour seasoned with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a heavy, flameproof casserole dish, heat butter until bubbling and brown chicken pieces.
- Pour maple syrup over chicken.
- Sprinkle with savory, thyme, and sage.
- Arrange onion slices on top of chicken pieces.
- Pour water into the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered in 350 degrees oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until tender, basting occasionally with pan juices.
*NOW items available at your local health food store