Apricot Cashew Chicken
Makes 8 servings
|2 tablespoons Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|2 pounds chicken breast tenderloins, cut into bite-size pieces|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
|Pinch red pepper flakes|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, or to taste|
|20 NOW Certified Organic Dried Apricots*|
|1 cup chicken stock|
|1/2 cup apricot preserves|
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme|
|1 cup NOW Raw Cashews*|
|3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)|
|1 Tbsp. NOW Tapioca Flour*, if needed|
*NOW products available at your local health food store
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet with a lid over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and cook in the hot oil until golden brown around the edges, but still pink in the center, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the onion, and cook for about 3 minutes more.
- Pour in the balsamic vinegar, bring it to a simmer, and allow it to reduce for a few minutes.
- Cut half of the apricots in half, leaving the others whole.
- Place the apricots into the skillet, and pour in the chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer; then stir in the apricot preserves, red pepper, cashews and thyme.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the apricots have softened, 10 to 15 minutes. Add Tapioca flour to thicken if too thin.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.