Herbed Chicken Nuggets
Adapted from AllRecipes website
These herb-battered nuggets get their nutty flavor from wheat germ.
Cook’s Review: "This is a very tasty dish! For a gluten-free version, substitute gluten-free bread crumbs for the bread crumbs and wheat germ." Elena H.
Makes 4 servings
|4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts|
|2 eggs, beaten|
|1 Tablespoon water|
|1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley|
|1/2 teaspoon dried thyme|
|1/2 cup dried bread crumbs, seasoned|
|1/2 cup wheat germ|
|1 teaspoon dried basil|
|1 Tablespoon Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
*NOW ingredients available at your local health food store
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Trim any fat from chicken and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the water and add the chicken.
- Combine the parsley, thyme, bread crumbs, wheat germ, and basil.
- Stir in the oil with a fork and mix well to distribute evenly.
- Pour seasoning mixture into a resealable plastic bag and the chicken pieces to coat.
- Place coated chicken pieces on the prepared baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 10 minutes, turn the pieces and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Total Fat: 9.7 g
Cholesterol: 174 mg
Sodium: 378 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 18.7 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.1 g
Protein: 36 g