Chopped Beef & Textured Soy Protein (TSP) Stroganoff
Adapted from www.allrecipes.com
|8 ounces ground beef|
|3/4 cup NOW Real Food® Textured Soy Protein Chunks*|
|3/4 cup hot water|
|1 tablespoon beef base (Pacific)|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper (Frontier)|
|1/2 cup chopped onions|
|4 tablespoons NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|3 tablespoons NOW Real Food® Tapioca Flour*|
|1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (Simply Organic)|
|2 cups cold water|
|3/4 cup organic sour cream|
|1 package egg noodles, cooked|
- Combine TSP, hot water, beef base and black pepper.
- Let TSP rehydrate until water is absorbed.
- Sauté onion and beef until cooked; remove from skillet.
- Gradually stir flour into oil from onions and beef; cook 10 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Stir water in slowly, a little at a time, to incorporate evenly and to prevent lumping.
- Add TSP mixture, beef, onion, garlic and sour cream-heat through.
- Serve over cooked noodles.
23 grams protein
21 grams fat
3 grams carbohydrates
*NOW items available at your health food store
Rate This Recipe