Roasted Chicken Thighs with Zucchini and Couscous
Adapted from Everyday Food, June, 2008
|8 chicken thighs|
|2 zucchini (about 1 lb.) halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise|
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Whole Wheat Couscous*|
|1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar|
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, with rack in upper third.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place, skin side down, on a rimmed baking sheet, and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove sheet from oven and turn chicken, skin side up.
- Scatter zucchini around chicken and season with salt and pepper; toss with pan juices.
- Return sheet to oven and continue to roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh (avoiding bone) registers 165 degrees F, about 7 to 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 and 1/4 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan; season with salt and pepper, then remove from heat, and stir in couscous. Cover and let stand until all the liquid is absorbed; about 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork.
- Stir in parsley, vinegar, roasted zucchini, and 2 tablespoons pan juices; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken with zucchini and couscous.
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe