Orange Maple Oat Cookies
Adapted from Taste for Life magazine, January, 2006
This chewy, flavorful cookie is infused with orange and studded with oats, cranberries, and crunchy pecans.
Makes 13 big cookies
|1 stick organic unsalted butter, softened|
|3 large oranges, zested|
|½ cup brown or unrefined sugar|
|½ cup NOW Real Food® Organic Maple Syrup*|
|1 large egg|
|1 and ¼ cup flour|
|1 tsp. baking powder|
|½ tsp. cinnamon|
|½ tsp. salt|
|1 and ½ cup NOW Real Food® Organic Rolled Oats*|
|1 cup dried cranberries|
|½ cup chopped NOW Real Food® Pecans*|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, cream the butter and orange zest until fluffy.
- Beat in the sugar until fluffy again, then beat in the maple syrup.
- Add the egg and beat until well mixed.
- In a medium bowl, stir the remaining ingredients.
- Add the butter mixture until well combined.
- Use a ¼ cup measure to scoop the dough, roll it into balls, and place on parchment-lined pans, at least 3 inches apart. A standard baking sheet should hold five cookies.
- Bake for 6 minutes, reverse the position of the pans, and bake for 5 minutes more.
- Cool for 10 minutes on the pans, then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
*NOW items available at your local health food store