Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Reprinted with permission from “In a Vegetarian Kitchen”, www.vegkitchen.com
Makes about 3 dozen cookies (each cookie is 1 serving).
Serving Size: 1 cookie
|1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour|
|1/2 cup chopped NOW Real Food® Walnuts*|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|1/2 cup natural granulated sugar or NOW Real Food® Sucanat™*|
|1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds|
|2 tablespoons safflower oil|
|1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips|
|1/2 cup quick-cooking oats|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the first 6 (dry) ingredient in a mixing bowl plus the optional flaxseeds and stir together.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the applesauce and oil.
- Stir together until the wet and dry ingredients are completely mixed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and optional walnuts.
- Drop the batter onto lightly oiled baking sheets in slightly rounded tablespoonfuls.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the bottoms are just lightly browned.
- Let stand for a minute or two, then carefully remove with a spatula to plates to cool.
*NOW items available at your local health food store