Peach and Apricot Crisp with Cashew Oat Topping
Reprinted with permission from Taste for Life magazine, July 2005
The secret here is to keep the crisp thin, with a layer of juicy fruit topped by a crunchy topping nearly equal in depth. Sweet summer stone fruits (peaches, apricots, and plums) of all kinds are wonderful this way and need no sugar except what’s in the topping.
|1 ½ lbs. peaches, apricots, and plums (about 5 cups)|
|½ cup organic butter|
|¾ cup brown sugar|
|½ cup flour|
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Rolled Oats*|
|¼ tsp. salt|
|1 tsp. cinnamon|
|½ cup NOW Real Food® Cashews*|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pit and cut the fruit.
- Place it in a 9-inch square baking pan as you go.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, then stir in sugar, flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, and cashews.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the fruit.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the juices are bubbling.
*NOW items available at your local health food store