Rosey Red Rhubarb Cake (Mary Vossel)
|6 cups dried rhubarb or two packages frozen rhubarb|
|2 ½ teaspoons baking powder|
|1 egg slightly beaten|
|2 cups whole wheat pastry flour|
|½ cup NOW Real Food® Turbinado Sugar*|
|1 package strawberry jello|
|¾ cup NOW Real Food® Whole Dry Milk*|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
- For pie crust, combine butter into sifted dry ingredients and turbinado sugar, then add egg and milk and mix thoroughly; mixture will be moist.
- Spread this mixture on the bottom and a little up the sides of a greased and floured 13 x 9 x 2 pan.
- Top with rhubarb, then sprinkle the strawberry jello powder over the rhubarb.
- Mix butter sugar and flour until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the rhubarb and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
*NOW items available at your local health food store