Coconut Oatmeal Macaroons
Adapted from Allergy Recipes, published by the American Dietetic Association
Makes 16 macaroons
|4 egg whites|
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Sucanat™*|
|2 cups NOW Real Food® Rolled Oats*|
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Shredded Coconut*|
|1 tsp. salt|
|1 tsp. NOW Real Food® Vanilla Extract*|
|1 Tbsp. butter, melted (Note: A good substitute for butter is Ghee, a clarified butter without any solid milk particles or water.)|
- Beat egg whites until foamy, then add Sucanat gradually.
- Fold in oats, coconut and salt.
- Add vanilla extract and butter or ghee.
- Drop from a teaspoon onto a buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe