Date and Nut Bars
Makes two dozen
|5 Tbsp. whole wheat flour|
|½ cup brown sugar|
|½ cup wheat germ|
|2 tsp. baking powder|
|1/8 tsp. salt|
|½ cup NOW Real Food® Walnuts*|
|1 tsp. NOW Real Food® Vanilla Extract*|
|1 lb. pitted dates|
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- Chop dates and walnuts and mix into flour mixture with brown sugar and wheat germ.
- Stir in eggs (after beating well) and vanilla.
- Spread over bottom of greased shallow pan and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Cut into small bars while still hot.
*NOW items available at your local health food store