Farmland Flax Cookie
From the “Flax Family Favourite Cookbook, Flax Council of Canada
A popular cookie that everyone loves.
|1 1/3 cups butter|
|1 ¼ cups granulated sugar|
|2 1/3 cups flax seed|
|3 large eggs|
|1 ½ tsp vanilla|
|1 tbsp baking soda|
|3 ½ cups all-purpose flour|
|3 cups oatmeal|
|1 ½ cups lightly packed brown sugar|
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars; add flax seed.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and vanilla together. Combine with flax mixture.
- Sift together the flour and soda. Mix in oatmeal and combine with other ingredients.
- Form dough into 4 cm (1 Ѕ inch) round logs. Place in freezer and chill.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Slice into .5 cm (1/4 inch) medallions.
- Place on baking sheet leaving about 5 cm (2 inches) between cookies.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from sheet and cool.
*NOW items available at your local health food store