Chocolate Freedom Cupcakes
By Chef Suzy Singh
A recipe the whole family can enjoy! Free from gluten and corn, allergy-friendly, and low in sugar.
|2 cups Living Now® Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour|
|½ cup NOW Real Food® Organic Cocoa Powder|
|1 ½ cups NOW Real Food® Sugarless Sugar™|
|½ tsp. sea salt|
|1 tsp. baking soda|
|1 cup rice milk|
|1 cup hot water|
|1 tsp. NOW® Vanilla Extract|
|½ cup organic canola oil|
1) Heat oven to 350°F (325°F convection). Grease two 12 cup muffin pans or line with paper baking cups.
2) In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa, Sugarless Sugar™, sea salt, and baking soda and set aside.
3) In a separate bowl combine rice milk, hot water, vanilla extract, and canola oil.
4) Whisk wet ingredients with dry ingredients until batter is smooth.
5) Fill prepared cupcake cups full with batter.
6) Bake cupcakes in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until inserted wooden toothpick comes out clean.
7) Cool for 10 minutes and finish with your favorite frostings.
Dairy-Free Vanilla Frosting
1) In a bowl, whisk coconut oil and powdered Sugarless Sugar™ until medium peaks are reached.
2) Add dairy-free milk and vanilla and continue to beat until hard peaks are formed.
3) Decorate as desired and enjoy!