Blueberry Oat Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
|1 cup whole wheat flour|
|3 cups NOW Organic Rolled Oats*|
|½ cup organic coconut palm sugar|
|1/3 cup NOW Organic Flaxseed Meal*|
|2 tsp. baking soda|
|½ tsp. baking powder|
|1 tsp. ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice|
|1 large egg, lightly beaten|
|¼ cup NOW Organic Virgin Coconut Oil*|
|½ cup applesauce|
|½ cup 2% Greek yogurt|
|½ cup almond milk|
|1 cup fresh blueberries|
*NOW products available at your local health food store
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, oats, sugar, flaxseed meal, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
4. Add the beaten egg, coconut oil, applesauce, sour cream, and almond milk.
5. Mix until just combined; then fold in blueberries.
6. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, barely to the top.
7. Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
8. Remove to wire rack for cooling.
9. Cool five minutes, then turn muffins out on to the wire rack to cool completely.