Tropical Banana Bread
Yogurt adds protein and reduces fat in this flavorful, nutritious banana bread recipe.
Makes 12 servings
|1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour|
|1 tsp. baking soda|
|1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon|
|1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg|
|1/4 tsp. kosher salt|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup raw, organic honey|
|2 large eggs|
|2 Tablespoons Ellyndale Organics™ extra-virgin olive oil*|
|1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 medium)|
|1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (2% or non-fat)|
|1/2 tsp. lemon or orange extract|
|1/2 cup NOW Unsweetened Shredded Coconut*|
|1/2 cup NOW Raw Pecans*|
*NOW products available at your local health food store.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
2. In a large bowl, beat sugar, honey and eggs until well blended.
3. Stir in oil, bananas, yogurt, and lemon or orange extract.
4. Fold in flour mixture, coconut, and nuts.
5. Pour into a greased 9"x 5" loaf pan. Bake for 55- to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Cool on wire rack for about 15 minutes; then gently turn out bread onto wire rack to finish cooling.