Nutty Oatmeal Cookies
Enjoy the heart-healthy and wholesome goodness of NOW Rolled Oats and NOW Walnuts in this nutritious cookie recipe. For a gluten-free version, see note below the ingredients.
Makes about 32 cookies
|6 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|3/4 cup packed NOW Turbinado Sugar*|
|1/3 cup all-purpose flour**|
|1/3 cup whole wheat flour**|
|3/4 teaspoon baking soda|
|1 1/2 cups NOW Rolled Oats*|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1 large egg, lightly beaten|
|1 teaspoon NOW Vanilla Extract*|
|1/2 cup NOW Walnuts* chopped|
|1/4 cup NOW Organic Goldenberries*|
|3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped|
*NOW products available at your local health food store
**For a gluten-free version, replace the all-purpose flour and the whole wheat flour with 2/3 cup NOW All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour (item 6556)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat and add Turbinado sugar; stir until smooth.
- Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, oats, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine butter mixture with the dry ingredients and add egg and vanilla extract.
- Fold in walnuts, goldenberries and chocolate.
- Mix well and spoon by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until tops are dry to the touch.