Oat Snack Cakes
Enjoy this hearty, healthy snack cake anytime. Serve it warm or at room temperature.
|Coconut oil cooking spray|
|1 cup NOW Organic Rolled Oats*|
|½ cup NOW Organic Walnuts*|
|½ cup NOW Raw Pecans*|
|1 cup whole wheat flour|
|2 tsp. baking powder|
|1 tsp. baking soda|
|1 tsp. cinnamon|
|1/8 tsp. ground cloves|
|Freshly ground nutmeg – a few grates on a microplane zester|
|½ tsp. salt|
|1 Tablespoon NOW Organic Flax Seed Meal*|
|2 Tablespoons NOW Organic Virgin Coconut Oil* melted|
|2 cups grated carrots|
|½ cup NOW Organic Maple Syrup*|
|¾ cup applesauce (no sugar added)|
|1 cup raisins|
|½ cup NOW Organic Unsweetened Shredded Coconut*|
|1 tsp. NOW Organic Vanilla Extract*|
*NOW products available at your local health food store
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Lightly oil a 9” square baking pan and set it aside.
3. Pulse oats, walnuts and pecans in a food processor until coarsely ground.
4. Transfer to a large bowl.
5. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt and flax seed meal; mix well.
6. In another large bowl, combine coconut oil, shredded carrots, maple syrup, applesauce, raisins, coconut and vanilla extract.
7. Add carrot mixture to flour mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
8. Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan and bake until cooked through and deep golden brown, about 40 minutes.
9. Set on cooling rack and let cool completely before cutting into squares.