No Grains Delicious Lemon Loaf with a Lemon Glaze
Adapted from Primally Inspired website
This lemon bread tastes delightfully lemony and delicious, and is loaded with wholesome, real food ingredients (no artificial ingredients, refined sugars or flour).
Makes 1 loaf
|1/4 cup NOW Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil*, melted|
|Zest from 2 lemons|
|Juice from 2 lemons plus enough milk of choice to equal 1 cup*|
|1/3 cup honey|
|2/3 cup coconut flour (do NOT substitute another flour – it will not work.)|
|1 heaping teaspoon baking soda|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|2 Tablespoon butter or NOW Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil*,|
|2 Tablespoon honey|
|2 Tablespoon milk of choice|
|Zest and juice from 1 lemon|
|1/2 teaspoon NOW Certified Organic Vanilla Extract*|
*NOW products available at your local health food store
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all the lemon bread ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour into a greased bread pan and bake for 32-45 minutes (mine was perfect at the 35 minute mark, but it may take up to 45 minutes) or until golden on top and middle is cooked through.
- If the top starts to get too brown towards the end of the cooking time, put some foil over the top.
- Let cool.
To make the lemon glaze:
- While the lemon loaf is cooking, mix all glaze ingredients together in a small pot over low heat until it starts to simmer.
- Remove from heat and let sit to cool until the lemon loaf is finished cooking and cooling.
- Pour the glaze all over the top of the loaf.
- Refrigerate the loaf at least 30 minutes – 1 hour until both the glaze and the loaf firms up a bit. Enjoy! Store leftovers refrigerator.
Note: If you do not feel like making the glaze, you can skip this step (although, I highly recommend taking the few extra minutes and making it – that glaze is soooooo good!). You just need to add the following glaze ingredients directly to the lemon bread mix: honey, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla.