Stevia Cocoa Carob Chips
Adapted from the “CookEatShare” website
These sugarless carob cocoa chips are great for anyone on a low carb diet or on an anti-candida diet. It makes a nice treat when you need a chocolate fix and can't have any sugar.
Makes 8 servings
|1/3 cup NOW Virgin Coconut Oil*, melted|
|1 tsp pure almond extract|
|1 tsp NOW Organic Vanilla Extract*|
|1/4 cup NOW Organic Cocoa Powder* (see Note below)|
|1/4 cup carob powder|
|3 to 5 drops NOW BetterStevia™ Original Liquid Extract*|
|2 tbsp NOW Raw Walnuts* (item 7073) or NOW Natural Almonds*, chopped|
|Optional: 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper|
*NOW items available at your local health food store
- Melt the coconut oil and combine with the almond extract, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, carob powder and the stevia.
- Add the almonds or walnuts. Mix well.
- Grease a square 9 inch pan with coconut oil.
- Pour the mixture in the pan into a thin layer.
- Place in the freezer or in the fridge until set or solid.
- Remove and break into chips.
- Store in a plastic baggie in the freezer and use when you need a chocolate fix.
Optional: Add 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper to the mixture for a hot, spicy flavor.
Note: For the anti-candida diet: Omit the cocoa powder and substitute 1/4 cup of carob powder (making it 1/2 cup of carob powder instead of 1/4 cup of cocoa powder).
Calories from Fat: 83
Total Fat: 9.65 g
Saturated Fat: 7.88 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 1 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 4.62 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g
Sugars: 1.74 g
Protein: 0.78 g