Dark Chocolate Pudding
Adapted from Clean Eating Magazine, February 3, 2012
Dig into this creamy chocolate pudding, made superbly smooth with heart-healthy soy milk, dark chocolate chips and a dash of sweet vanilla.
|2 tbsp arrowroot powder|
|2 cups low-fat plain unsweetened soy milk, divided|
|1/4 cup organic evaporated cane juice|
|1/3 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Unsweetened Cocoa Powder*|
|1/2 tsp NOW Real Food® Organic Vanilla Extract*|
|1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (70% cocoa or greater)|
|2 tbsp dark chocolate curls or shavings for garnish (70% cocoa or greater), optional|
- In a small bowl, stir together arrowroot and 2 tbsp soy milk until no lumps remain. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk remaining soy milk, cane juice, cocoa and vanilla until combined, then bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until completely melted; 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add arrowroot mixture, whisking constantly until thickened, 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Divide among serving dishes and refrigerate until set; about 1 hour.
- If desired, garnish each with chocolate curls, dividing evenly.
Nutrients per 1/2-cup serving:
Total Fat: 5 g
Sat. Fat: 3 g
Carbs: 32 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 17 g
Protein: 5 g
Sodium: 79 mg
Cholesterol: 0 mg
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe