Vanilla Chia Pudding with Berries
Adapted from: www.coconutandquinoa.com
Makes 4-6 servings
|½ cup NOW Real Food® Chia Seeds*|
|1 cup (soaked in filtered water for 2 to 8 hours) NOW Real Food® Cashews*|
|4 cups filtered water|
|7 Medjool dates, pitted|
|Pinch sea salt|
|¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder|
|2 tablespoons coconut butter|
|4 teaspoons NOW Real Food® Organic Vanilla Extract*|
|Raspberries and blueberries, enough for topping|
|For chocolate version, add 4 teaspoons NOW Real Food® Cocoa Powder*|
- Place chia seeds in a medium size mixing bowl and set aside.
- Strain cashews and rinse well.
- Place cashews in an upright blender add 4 cups of filtered water, dates, salt, cinnamon, coconut butter and vanilla extract.
- Remove seeds from vanilla bean (if using) and add to the blender; place vanilla bean pod in bowl with chia seeds.
- Blend on high speed for 2 minutes and pour into bowl with chia seeds and vanilla bean pod, whisk well.
- Let mixture sit for 10 to 15 minutes, whisking every few minutes to prevent chia seeds from clumping; pudding will thicken fast.
- Place in the fridge and chill for 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge, whisk. Serve chilled topped with berries.
- Store covered in a glass container in the fridge; pudding will keep for up to 5 days.
*NOW items available at your local health food store