Adapted from Taste for Life Magazine, January 2012
Makes 16 bars
|1 8-oz. package dried figs|
|4 oz. pitted dates|
|2 Tbsp. water|
|2 Tbsp. chopped NOW Real Food® Almonds*|
|1 Tbsp. NOW Real Food® Agave Nectar*|
|1 Tbsp. lemon juice|
|1/4 tsp. cinnamon|
|1/8 tsp. ground ginger|
|2 cups NOW Real Food® Rolled Oats*|
|1 tsp. baking powder|
|1/4 tsp. salt|
|1/4 cup water|
|4 oz. unsweetened applesauce|
|3 Tbsp. NOW Real Food® Agave Nectar*|
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Snip off fig stems and put figs, dates, almonds and 2 tablespoons of water into the food processor, then grind to a coarse paste.
- Stir in remaining filling ingredients and process until mixed, but don’t purée. Set aside.
- For the crust, combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, then stir in wet ingredients, along with 1/4 cup water. Stir to combine.
- Press half the crust mixture into the bottom of an oiled, 8-inch square cake pan (use a wooden spoon or your hands).
- Spread fig mixture evenly over crust.
- Smooth remaining crust mixture over filling.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
1 g Protein
23 G Carbohydrates
3 g Fiber
1 g Total Fat
75 mg Sodium
*NOW ingredients available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe