Maple Oat Cookies
Adapted from Whole Foods Market recipes
Toasting the oats adds great flavor to these simple oat cookies, sweetened with maple syrup and flavored with warm spices.
Makes about 30 cookies
|2 cups NOW Real Food® Rolled Oats*|
|3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons spelt flour|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/8 teaspoon sea salt|
|1/2 cup canola or high-heat sunflower oil|
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Pure Organic Maple Syrup*|
|2 teaspoons NOW Real Food® Vanilla Extract*|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place oats in a medium saucepan and toast over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until oats are slightly golden and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, maple syrup and vanilla until combined.
- Add maple mixture to oat mixture and stir to combine completely; the dough should still be warm.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Gently flatten dough with wet fingers and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack, then store them in an airtight container.
80 calories (35 from fat)
4g total fat
0g saturated fat
10g total carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 3g sugar)
*NOW ingredients available at your local health food store