Adapted from www.purecanadamaple.com
|1/3 + 1/2 cup (divided) NOW Real Food® Steel Cut Oats*|
|2/3 cup chopped NOW Real Food® Raw Pecans*|
|4 Tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces|
|1 tsp ground cinnamon|
|¼ cup brown sugar|
|2 Tablespoons granulated sugar|
|2 Tablespoons NOW Real Food® Organic Maple Syrup*|
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Maple Syrup*|
|2 lb fresh or frozen and thawed rhubarb, cut into 1/2″ cubes|
|3 – 4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour|
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare topping:
- Put 1/3 cup of the oats in food processor and process until finely ground.
- Put in mixing bowl with pecans, butter, cinnamon, 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, pure maple syrup, 2 tablespoons of the granulated sugar, and remaining 1/2 cup oats.
- Mix with pastry blender or fingers until pea-size clumps form, and set aside.
- Prepare Filling:
- Pour rhubarb and pure maple syrup into large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Sift (ideally) or sprinkle 3 Tablespoons of flour over the entire mixture (as opposed to dumping it into one spot).
- Stir, using a fork, until flour is coating the rhubarb. You may need to add another tablespoon of flour if it looks too runny. It should be the same consistency as Elmer’s glue – quite sticky.
- Put rhubarb mixture into a 9″ x 9″ baking dish or individual ramekins or oven-proof tea cups.
- Top with oat mixture and bake until rhubarb is bubbly; 20 to 25 minutes.
*NOW items available at your local health food store