Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Adapted from NaturalNews.com, April 12, 2011
This nutrient-dense recipe makes a healthy dessert or snack. If you are short on time, simply press the mixture into an 8 x 8 pan instead of making the balls.
|1 cup dark chocolate chips|
|1/2 cup NOW Flax Meal*|
|1/2 cup NOW Oat Bran*|
|2 tablespoons NOW Carob Powder*|
|2 tablespoons NOW Dried Unsweetened Coconut*|
|1 cup organic, natural peanut butter|
|1/2 cup tahini|
|1/2 cup honey and/or NOW Real Food® Maple Syrup*|
|1/4 teaspoon sea salt|
- Coarsely chop the chocolate chips and add them to a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining peanut butter ball ingredients to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop by teaspoonfuls and roll into walnut-sized balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Put on a plate or in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Cover the plate or pan and chill before serving. These taste best when kept refrigerated.
*NOW items available at your local health food store