Black Bean Fudge Cakes
Adapted from “Clean Eating” magazine
|Olive oil cooking spray|
|1 oz dark organic chocolate (70% cocoa or greater)|
|1 1/2 cups soft-cooked black beans, rinsed and drained|
|1 egg white|
|2 tbsp NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1/4 heaped cup NOW Real Food® Organic Unsweetened Cocoa Powder*|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|1 tsp NOW Real Food® Organic Vanilla Extract*|
|1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce|
|1/2 cup raw organic honey|
|1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped NOW Real Food® Raw Walnuts*|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mist 8 individual ramekins or 1 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt dark chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat with 1 tbsp water mixed in.
- Combine melted chocolate, beans, eggs, egg white, oil, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla, applesauce and honey in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Stir in walnuts and pour mixture into prepared ramekins or baking dish.
- Bake until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides; about 20 minutes for ramekins and 30 minutes for baking dish.
- Garnish each piece with a dollop of nonfat Greek-style yogurt, if desired.
Total Fat: 12 g
Sat. Fat: 2 g
Carbs: 28 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 19 g
Protein: 5 g
Sodium: 120 mg
Cholesterol: 45 mg
*NOW items available at your local health food store