Dark Chocolate & Date Truffles
Adapted from Natural Solutions
Makes 24 truffles
|1 bag or bar of dark chocolate (12 oz)|
|1 2/3 cups NOW Real Food® Certified Organic Cashews*|
|8 oz dates, finely chopped|
|1/4 teaspoon sea salt|
|Zest of 1/2 of an orange|
- Melt chocolate in double boiler until just melted.
- Meanwhile, blend 2/3 cups cashews with 2/3 cups water in blender on high for 30 seconds. Chop remaining cashews and set aside.
- Fold together melted chocolate, cashew mixture, dates, sea salt, and orange zest.
- Refrigerate until firm, approximately 45 minutes.
- Roll 3/4-inch balls in hands and then in chopped cashews.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. (Note: Truffles will keep in freezer up to 1 month.)
Nutrition info per truffle:
5 g fat
3 g saturated fat
1 mg cholesterol
1 g protein
15 g carbohydrates
1.5 g fiber
5 mg sodium
*NOW items available at your local health food store