Gluten-Free and Sugar-Free Chocolate Cake
By: Chef Suzy Singh, NOW Research & Development Corporate Chef
|2 cups Living Now™ Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour*|
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Cocoa Powder*|
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Sugarless Sugar*|
|1/2 tsp. Sea Salt|
|1 tsp. Baking Soda|
|1 cup Rice Milk|
|1 cup Hot Water|
|1 tsp. NOW Real Food® Organic Vanilla Extract*|
|1/2 cup Organic Canola Oil|
- Heat oven to 350°F (325F convection). Grease and flour one 9-inch round baking pan.
- In a large bowl combine: flour, cocoa, sugar, sea salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- In Stand Mixer using paddle attachment combine rice milk, hot water, vanilla extract, and canola oil.
- Add the dry ingredients until batter is consistent.
- Pour batter into 1 prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the wooden pick inserted is clean.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes and finish with berry compote (recipe below).
*NOW items available at your local health food store
- Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liner.
- Fill prepared cupcake cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake cupcakes in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted is clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and finish with berry compote or frosting.