Low-Fat Quinoa Pudding
Adapted from "Stop Aging Now"
Quinoa is a grain-like seed, high in protein and fiber, low in fat and gluten-free. This simple pudding can be served as a dessert or side dish. It makes a great breakfast, too.
|2/3 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Quinoa*|
|1 1/3 cup water|
|1 1/3 cup apple cider|
|1/2 cup raisins|
|1/4 cup dried cranberries|
|2 Tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed|
|3/4 tsp. cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp. sea salt|
|1 tsp. NOW Real Food® Organic Vanilla Extract*|
|1 Tbsp. chopped NOW Real Food® Walnuts*|
|or 1 Tbsp. chopped NOW Real Food® Pecans*|
- Rinse the quinoa by placing in a sieve or strainer and running cold water over it. Drain thoroughly. (Boxed quinoa may be pre-rinsed, so you can skip this step.)
- Place in a medium saucepan with the water.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Add apple cider, raisins and cranberries, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt.
- Cover and simmer an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm with 1 Tbsp. chopped pecans or walnuts on top (optional).
Nutritional Information per Serving:
5 g protein,
49 g carbohydrates
3 g fat (.3 g saturated)
0 mg cholesterol
3.5 g fiber
153 mg sodium.
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe