Amaranth & Beet Salad with Goji Coconut Dressing
|1 cup Living Now™ Certified Organic Amaranth|
|2 ½ cups Vegetable Stock|
|2 Red Beets, quartered|
|1 tsp Sea Salt|
|1 tbsp Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|½ cup NOW Real Food® Organic Walnuts|
|3 cups Organic Arugula|
|½ cup Goat Cheese|
|½ cup NOW Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Melted|
|1 tsp NOW Goji|
|¼ tsp Mustard|
|½ tsp Sea Salt|
|1/8 tsp Black Pepper|
1) Place 2 ½ cups of vegetable stock in a small pot with 1 cup of Amaranth.
2) Allow for the mixture to come to a boil.
3) Reduce the heat to low; cover for 15-20 minutes, or until the water has evaporated.
4) Turn off the heat and allow for the mixture to cool for 5 minutes.
5) Fluff with a fork.
6) Preheat oven to 350F.
7) Combine beets, sea salt, and oil onto a sheet pan.
8) Roast for 8-10 minutes or until the beets have softened.
9) Set aside and allow for beets to cool for 15 minutes.
10) In a large bowl combine amaranth, beets, walnuts, arugula, and goat cheese.
1) In a bowl whisk together Goji with mustard.
2) Continually whisk and slowly drizzle in melted coconut oil until you have an emulsified vinaigrette.
3) Add salt and pepper to season.
4) Lightly dress salad and serve.