Harvest Quinoa Dish
Created by the NOW® Culinary Innovation Team
|½ cup NOW Real Food Natural Almonds (rough chop)|
|2 cups vegetable broth|
|1 cup Living Now Organic Quinoa|
|1 T NOW Organic Virgin Coconut Oil|
|2 onions (rough chop)|
|1 sprig rosemary|
|1 T NOW Real Food Organic Sucanat Cane Sugar|
|1 cup NOW Real Food Organic Dried Apricots (fine chop)|
|1 T NOW Maqui SuperFruit Juice|
|2 T Sea Salt|
1) Place sauté pan on medium heat and add almonds.
2) Toast almonds for 2 minutes and set aside.
3) In stock pot add vegetable broth, rosemary, apricots, quinoa, 1 T sea salt, and mangoni on high heat.
4) Bring to a boil then place on low heat for 10-15 minutes or until the quinoa has absorbed the liquid.
5) In a sauté pan, add 1 T coconut oil, 1 T Sea salt, onion, and sucanat.
6) Cook on low heat for 10-15 or until the onion has caramelized.
7) Combine quinoa with caramelized onion mixture and serve warm.